We are building a new way to interact with people by leveraging technology.
We have built a community of people to whom we provide a platform to socialize and meet new people with the same interests to spend quality time together.
In 2022, thanks to our 37.000 customers community, we made 25.000 people meet in 1.577 events and 90 travels.
For 2023 and the years to come, internationalization and therefore the transformation into a European scale up awaits us, we’re excited!
What we are looking for
We are looking for a middle-senior Android Developer to join our amazing Tech Team to be responsible for building, operating, and managing Meeters native mobile app.
Being part of Meeters means growing together with us, increasing your talent and opportunities.
What will you do? Role highlights
- Be responsible for the Android App project management and the cross functional interaction between providers and business needs
- Define and solve challenges across the Android platform, from ideation to production
- Deal with different Android versions and screen sizes
- Develop software using modern engineering approaches and agile principles
- Actively seek elegant, production-oriented solutions to difficult problems
- Write reusable, testable and efficient code
- Continuously test your applications via Unit Tests
- Collaborate with stakeholders and work closely with other engineers within your group and across the entire Product & Marketing Team.
- Build product features with the end-user in mind, ensuring that every feature you write is completely representing our product vision
Requirements and Attitude:
- BS/BM degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Android Development environment, at least one original Android app published
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android and screen sizes
- Familiarity with GraphQL APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Strong knowledge of Kotlin language
- Strong knowledge of Google Play Console
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning,
- Experience with testing your applications via Unit Tests
- Good knowledge of SOLID principles
- Understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Project Management skills
- The ability to find the right balance between moving fast and thinking long term
- A strong sense of ownership: you build, you deploy, you maintain!
- Communicate well and be willing to engage with your teammates in group problem solving
- Have an analytical and detail focused mindset
- Startup mindset
Nice to have skills:
- Public source code (Git projects or some visible code)
- Previous start-up experience
- Good English level both written and spoken
- Previous experience in managing teams/people
Company benefits and environment:
You will not get bored doing the same thing every week: we have always new projects in the pipeline that are related to our core product;
This will expose you to new processes: you have the chance to learn and be always updated on the last cutting edge coding technologies;
We are 28 years old on average and we are building the working environment according to our generation’s believes: flat-hierarchy, open for dialog and feedback, inclusive, cooperative, with no-discrimination policy;
We believe in constant updating, that’s why we will provide you the resources you need to keep studying and updating;
You will be part of a team and join us during off-site activities;
Competitive salary with a dynamic progression by the time according to your personal contribution on the tech team results;
You have flexible working conditions and smart working;
Casual dress code enjoying the chance to reach our wonderful new office, that will be equipped with all the necessary comforts;
Free events or trips, according with our Operation Team, if you decide to join them as Meeters Ambassador during the weekend.
If this sounds like a position for you, submit your CV!